Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year, New Beginnings, New Bloggings

What an incredible year! Laughed, Loved, Lost, Labored, but most importantly, Lived.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you handle it. 2009 was what happened to me, 2010 is how I will handle it.

If you like what I write, please come back, but if not, don't...honestly! I promise not to waste your time if you don't waste your time. :-P

I will post this warning once. I am sarcastic and most unfortunately, it doesn't come off well over internet blogs. I never mean to openly offend anyone with the things I write, so if I do, and you realize I am talking about you, you must have REALLY deserved it.

FUNNY

As I sit here at 4:47am in Las Vegas Airport, I take the first step to bring peace and change to my new life. Almost two years into an incredibly challenging and rewarding career that will shape and constantly redefine who i am, and almost 2 months out of a 4-year relationship that was supposed to be my last. Life is funny that way. I have a friend that constantly tells me "it's not that funny" everytime I start a sentence with "It's funny..." But it IS funny...sometimes not in such a funny way, but funny in a slightly twisted way...like when we used to compete to see who could keep the Big Red gum wrapper on our forehead the longest as we languished in pain from the cinnamon remnants.

AIRLINES

So it's 4:57am and it looks like Southwest Airlines finally opened up it's main desk so people can check their bags in. I didn't have any bags so I got to experience something I have never seen and will likely never see again...airport security without a single person in line!!! Thanks to Grayline Shuttles for picking me up at 3:40am and dropping me off at the airport at 4am just so that I could be ontime for my 6:50am flight...i know they're just trying to get me to the airport on-time, but seriously, please have some respect for the human sleep cycle.

IF...

If you've made it this far, I want to congratulate you for sticking with it, and also congratulate myself for writing something worth at least 2 minutes of your precious time. As a former engineer, I find it amazing how writing can connect people with others, but also with themselves. As someone who may or may not be an engineer, you may find it amazing that an engineer can put together so many consecutive sentences without so much as an equation. Either way, THE WORLD IN A BLOGSHELL is born and I look forward to sharing and exchanging insights on our crazy world with many of you into the future

No comments:

Post a Comment