Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mile High Club...

No, this isn't what you think...it's the blogging version and yes, I will keep it clean.

There’s only so much Spider Solitare you can play on one plane flight. And after you lose enough in a row and realize that you’re not even playing the hardest level, for an idiot like me that thinks in some ways he may have some intellectual capacity, it’s degrading. Two suits, match up the cards from highest to lowest, win cheesy firecrackers at the end. Simple…yet so freaking hard to win…so now I type because at least I can convince myself that talking to the wall (or typing to the wall) has some sort of redeeming value…of which I’m probably wrong.

I think I caught a cold. I take a 30 minute nap, wake up all warm and cozy, and have the sniffles. Thanks to my kindness, the kid I let sit next to me (that I now know has a cold) because his parents wanted to have him near them will either cost me $10 in Nyquil or a day of work. Kindness kills…and I’m not even all that kind…just kind at the wrong times…call it stupidly kind.

Movies in the plane are funny. People pay $5 to buy the (probably used) headset and watch a movie on a 10” overhead monitor 10 feet away. Where else would anyone do that? Then there’s always the guy that laughs like he’s Santa Claus delivering presents at the orphanage. Where he laughs and half the plane wakes up because no one was interested in watching “The Invention of Lying” in the first place. It’s like a bomb went off and I see people jolt up like they were just tasered as a practical joke.

On this flight I almost feel like I’m on a cruise ship. Average age of the people in my general vicinity is about 60…and that’s including me and the sick kid. If the sick kid and I weren’t here, everyone in the plane would probably be dead. Okay, that’s ridiculous, but I’m just saying...

I almost bought a new ukulele in Hawaii. I was totally jazzed to find a really nice one at Best Buy of all places, but it was over $700…pure koa wood =). If it were a voice it could even make Britney Spears sound like she could sing. The sound was so big and bold that I thought I was playing into a microphone. Beautiful instrument, not beautiful price…but I’ve got my eye on it. I’m not sure where this topic comes into play with the airline theme, but damn I wish I had a uke to play here on the plane…so there.

Damn, I type too fast (probably all of about 10 words a minute, but we haven’t landed yet and I’m out of things to say…sort of…because I’m never out of things to say)…blog getting too long, you’re falling asleep, I’m getting CTS…not a great combination no matter how you slice it. Anyway, your break time is probably up, so let’s call it a flight and reconvene at a later date…same plane time, same plane channel…shoot, that doesn’t sound at all enticing…

No comments:

Post a Comment