Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Apologies...

Yes...I admit that my last couple of blogs have really sucked. That is about to change...and in light of that, this one might just suck a whole lot more, but i will try to avoid that situation...wish me luck for the sake of not wasting your time...and of course not wasting my time to write this thing...

I cringe when clients tell me they are conservative, and that because of that, they choose to do nothing to change their already disasterous financial situation. There is a big difference between conservative and "i am going to screw myself over by not saving money." The latter of the two is the position most people take because they treat themselves and their future too lightly...after which they come back in a couple of years and request us to do the impossible. I am an educator, not a magician...when you see me pull a rabbit out of my hat, then you can ask me to do more complicated tricks like doing what we could barely do in five years, now doing it in two.

I feel like the author from Freakonomics. How does the missing cover on the trash bin relate to potentially increasing my ability to save the environment? I have given up on my box count in my room because, well, there just isn't enough room for all my crap. As a matter of fact, i have increased the number of boxes in my room by one so that i have one to throw stuff away in. The storms of the past couple of days have prevented me from throwing more junk away because the cap on the trash bin is missing and i don't want to throw all my junk paper into the trash without a cover...that would be a serious mess...but i guess that's how recycled paper mills run and i'd only be doing them a favor by speeding up the process, right?

I am heading to Hawaii in 4 days. Yes, i am getting the HECK out of California for a couple of weeks. Before you start thinking that i'm lucky to be in Hawaii for two weeks, let me tell you that HECK YES i'm lucky to be going to Hawaii. Our chairman will be in Hawaii for a couple of days and hopefully with his guidance and my boot up the team's rear end, we will make something happen there besides trade winds and sunny days...that wind and sun goes on when i'm not there...i don't need to waste my time to be there just for that...

One last thought...Where the heck did the word "dumbfounded" come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment